Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Kaylee Shaffer- poem


My name is Kaylee Shaffer and I am originally from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. I was born there and raised until I was in middle school. My family and I came to Powell, Ohio. I went to Olentangy Liberty High School and decided to attend Ohio State Marion in hopes to transfer to main campus next year. My major is currently undecided. I enjoy hanging with friends, and watching sports.
When I found out we had to write a poem, I wasn’t very happy. I never thought of myself as a good poem writer. I truly do try when attempting to write a poem. I just put too much pressure on myself and it all comes out weird. I do not really think I’m that creative with words. It didn't take me hours, but that is probably why it didn't turn out exactly how I wanted it. But I decided to write the poem about my mother. She is still alive, and she is my best friend.


You’re my best friend.
Whether I’m having a good or bad day,
you’re always there for me.
You constantly have a smile on your face,
and never fail to put one on mine.
You are always pulling chocolates out of your bag,
I know where I get my sweet tooth.
I hope to grow up to be as caring as you are.
With your big heart,
Ready to make anyone laugh.

You’re my best friend
You’re my backbone,
And the reason I appreciate everything around me.
I couldn’t imagine my days without you.
I’m fortunate, unlike others.
You are my remarkable mother.

1 comment:

  1. hello kaylee,
    what a good poem you wrote... and i feel the same way about my mom.

    ReplyDelete