Monday, January 14, 2013

Stephanie Sadler



       My name is Stephanie Sadler. I am 19 years old and I was born in Ajax, Ontario. I lived in Michigan before moving to Dublin when I was about three years old and I have lived there ever since. I am interested in psychology, especial abnormal psych. This includes mental disorders such as schizophrenia and depression. My major is psychology and I hope to become a psychiatrist. An interesting fact is that my grandma was chased by a Nazi in Germany when she was a young girl.

       Creating my poem was more difficult than I thought it would be. I am not good at poetry so even the simplest assignments are challenging for me. Figuring out who I wanted to write about was probably the hardest task. If I thought I found someone to write about, I became blank. When I finally chose a person to write about, it became easier. Brainstorming on the ideas provided helped a lot. I neglected to brainstorm at first but when I started, the thoughts flowed easily. I still am not sure if I did the assignment correctly. It does not feel like a poem. Writing the poem surprisingly took me a lot of time to complete.


A Father I Once Knew
Dear Daddy,
I want you to know that I love you but I wish you were in my life more.
Love constantly flows from your soul,
Like a stream, soft and calm.
My daddy told me, “You grew up to be a beautiful woman and I’m so proud of you,”
and he always said “I love you” to make sure I never forgot.
You are an amazing dad.

Dear Daddy,
I will never forget the time spent with you,
Like when we vacationed at the Ritz Carlton in Florida.
You were getting married but you made sure to pay attention to me.
We swam in the pool, and I burnt my cheeks.
Appearance has never been altered with you.
Each time I see you, I find comfort in your consistency,
Big and muscular, with hugs like a bear.
I wish you knew how much I loved you.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment