Monday, January 21, 2013

Non-Violent protest


The film regarding the non-violent protests and Montgomery bus boycott was one of the most interesting things I have watched in a while. What most intrigued me about this was the way the people in the movement were organized and how they were treated when they tried to change something that to us is wrong but seemed ok in the time.  One thing that we can learn from this is that violence is not always the way to solve problems sometimes you can fix and move toward the best result by being peaceful and simply expressing your discontent.  One quote that really stood out to me was when one of the arrested demonstrators told his mother in jail to “be cool” it just stood out me and showed how going to jail was just part of the bigger picture and didn’t bother the demonstrators.

4 comments:

  1. I also think that violence is not a way to solve problems.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think non-violent approach should the number one option and this film was a great example of that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. he didn't think of what he was being thro... but he his mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked that quote too. Her son was just looking toward the ultimate outcome, not what he and so many others had to go through to get them there.

    ReplyDelete